Troubleshooting Steps for Alma Acquisitions - Invoicing
PALS created a troubleshooting document walking you through common issues you might encounter and settings to check when you experience problems with Alma Invoicing.
- Active Fiscal Year
- The Fiscal Year should be activated in the Fiscal Year table (Configuration > Acquisitions > Fund and Ledger Fiscal Period)
- Active Ledger/Funds
- Must have one ledger that is activated
- The ledger must have one activated allocated fund with a positive balance that would cover the purchase
- Or they need overexpenditure allowances. You can set this in the rules for the ledger (inherited by all funds that do not specify other values) or the allocated fund.
- The ledger and fund must be for current FY-or within pre- and post-FY grace days
Commonly encountered issues
- I loaded an invoice via EDI or Excel, and it won’t proceed through the workflow.
- Make sure each invoice line has fund information. Sometimes the code provided by the vendor does not match what you have used in Alma.
- It’s giving me an error about totals not matching.
- Check the Summary Tab. Manually update the Total Amount field to match the calculated value in the Total Invoice Lines Amount field.
- I’ve invoiced a One-Time line. Why does it not say closed?
- If it says sent, check that the item has been activated or received.
- If it says it is Waiting for Invoice, check that the invoice has been approved and completed.
- Why does my Subscription line still say “Sent” and not something about waiting for Renewal?
- Check whether you have received any inventory.
Troubleshooting Steps for Alma Acquisitions - Ordering
PALS created a troubleshooting document walking you through common issues you might encounter and settings to check when you experience problems with Alma Ordering. Troubleshooting Ordering (creation of POL through "Sending" the PO/POL) Core ...
Troubleshooting Steps for Alma Acquisitions - Receiving
PALS created a troubleshooting document walking you through common issues you might encounter and settings to check when you experience problems with Alma Receiving. Commonly encountered issues POL does not show up in Receiving Workbench. Check the ...
Troubleshooting Steps for Alma Acquisitions - Activation
Commonly encountered issues POL for electronic inventory says the inventory is not activated. Check whether the collection or portfolio you activated links to the POL. You may have activated a different record than you have linked to the POL. You can ...
Acquisitions (Physical and Electronic) - Basic Information
Getting Started These are some excellent resources to use when starting a new position related to Acquisitions. We recommend that you review any workflow diagrams in the recommended documentation. Then, watch any relevant workflow videos referenced. ...
MARC BIB 9XX Fields for Acquisitions
9XX fields to use for Acquisitions and Item Information for the New Order Import Profiles The PALS Office sometimes encounters this question: I am using the New Order Import Profile for EOD files. What are the allowed 9XX fields for my vendor to ...